ROCKWALL, TX (November 16, 2021) The following is a press release from Rockwall ISD summarizing last night’s RISD board meeting.
NOTE: For more information on each agenda item presented, please view the videos of the Board of Directors meetings. available at www.rockwallisd.com.
Recognitions from the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors recognized exceptional individuals and groups for the following accomplishments:
- Jacob Limerick of Rockwall High School, a member of the Class of 2022, recently achieved a perfect SAT score, joining a select group of high school students. The College Board’s Academic Aptitude Test (SAT) is used to measure a high school student’s preparation for college-level work. Each year, around 2 million students across the country take the SAT exam. Of these 2 million applicants, approximately 500 students achieve a perfect SAT score of 1,600 each year.
- Mark of Excellence and Citation of Excellence National Awards reviewed by college music teachers:
- Rockwall Heath High School Wind Ensemble, conducted by Chris Loyd, has been selected as the winner of the Mark of Excellence National Wind Band Honors Award Class 6A.
- Rockwall Heath High School Junior Varsity Orchestra, conducted by Zoey Rice, has been selected as the winner of the Citation of Excellence National Orchestra Honors Award Class 6A.
- Cain Middle School Honors Band, conducted by Trevor Ousey, has been selected as the winner of the Mark of Excellence National Wind Band Honors Award Class 2A.
- Cain Middle School Symphonic Band, conducted by Preston Prior, was selected as the National Winner of the Citation of Excellence National Wind Band Honors Award Class 2A.
- Danny Lorance, Rockwall ISD Energy Manager, obtained Master Texas Energy Management (MTEM) certification through the Texas Energy Managers Association. Mr. Lorance has been an active member of TEMA since January 2019 and is currently President of the DFW TEMA Local. Rockwall ISD is just one of six out of over 1,000 districts in the state to have an MTEM accredited energy manager on staff.
Approval of the results of the choice of certified bonds
The board of directors approved the solicitation of election results in accordance with Chapter 67 of the Texas Election Code and BBBB board policy (LEGAL) which states that “a board shall meet to conduct the local canvass on time. set by the chairman no later than the eleventh day after polling day. According to the Texas Secretary of State, as the last day falls on Saturday, November 13, 2021, the deadline is extended to Monday, November 15, 2021. The results of the solicitation of Rockwall, Kaufman and Collin counties were presented approving the 2021 linkage proposals A and B.
Zabojnik appointed director of Quest Academy
The board has approved Brittney Zabojnik as director of Quest Academy. She joins Quest Academy with 17 years of experience in public education, most recently as Deputy Principal at Utley Middle School. Her career in public education has included serving Mesquite ISD as an English teacher at Kimbrough Middle School and The Learning Center, then Dean of Students at McClendon Elementary School and Dean of Education at Edge Middle School. , both in ISD community. Ms. Zabojnik holds an MBA from Amberton University and a BA in Business Management in International Trade from Northwood University. She received her certification in Educational Administration and Principal from Texas A & M-Commerce.
Ms. Zabojnik’s professional experiences and accomplishments included extensive campus leadership service at all levels, including training in elementary, special, college and DAEP programs.
Information on the school planning guide presented
The aim of the Academic Planning Guide (APG) is to help students plan for their academic future. Counselors work with students, parents, and teachers to select appropriate courses for graduation and provide student services throughout the year using the APG. Courses covered include: English II SAGE Honors, Debate III, Advanced Placement Seminar, Practicum in Law, Public Safety Corrections and Security, Robotics III – Engineering Design and Problem Solving and Computer Science III.
Presentation of the Texas Financial Integrity Assessment System (FIRST) Report
In accordance with the applicable policies of the board of directors and the sections and subsections of the administrative code, the district leadership presented the first edition 2019-2020 to the board of directors. Highlights of the report include:
- Rockwall ISD has been given a “superior” rating – the highest rating available, and
- Rockwall ISD’s “district score” was 96 – 4 points lower than the highest possible score.
Approval of tax rolls certified 2021 as certified by the assessment districts of Rockwall, Kaufman and Collin
The board approved the 2021 certified property assessments received from the various central assessment districts: Rockwall, Kaufman and Collin.
District votes approved for the Rockwall Central Assessment District Board of Directors
The Board of Trustees approved the district vote for the Rockwall Central Assessment District Board of Trustees election 2022-2023 for Vicki Alexander and Lorne Liechtenstein.
Approval of project completion
The Board of Directors approved the completion of the 2015 Bond projects for the following:
- Renovations of career and technology classes at RHS and RHHS,
- Lupe Garcia Elementary School and
- Cabinets and storage for the Cullins Lake-Pointe Elementary School classroom.
Approval of the award of a competitive sealed offer contract
The Board of Directors has approved the award of the Competitive Sealed Proposal (CSP) contract for the Rockwall High School Retaining Wall Project to ICI Construction. The project will be paid for from general operating funds.
Approval of draft scope of additional obligations
The Board of Directors approved other draft 2015 obligations for the following:
- Renovation and upgrading of the infrastructure and equipment of the RHS and RHHS Performing Arts Centers,
- Renovations of the Aquatic Center competition pool, and
- Wilkerson-Sanders Stadium Turf Replacement Project.
Approval of consultancy design services and project delivery methods for district construction projects
The Board of Directors approved consultant design services and project delivery methods for the following district projects:
- Grade 9 Rockwall ISD Campus Projects,
- Additions of RHS and RHHS gymnasiums,
- RHHS Multipurpose Tennis Facility,
- Wilkerson-Sanders Stadium Turf Replacement Project,
- Renovation of the competition pool at the Aquatic Center,
- Replacement of campus furniture,
- Fire alarm replacement,
- Interior Painting Projects,
- Audio and lighting renovations of RHS and RHHS Performing Arts Centers,
- Colleges stage curtain projects, and
- Site paving projects.
Approval of the recommendation for the qualifications for the director of construction at risk
The board of directors approved a request for qualification 2122.10-003 for risky services from the construction manager to provide the district with a pool of “pre-qualified” companies for future bond projects.
Site Selection Approval for Rockwall ISD Grade 9 Campus Projects
The Board of Trustees approved the site selections for future Grade 9 campuses for Rockwall High School and Rockwall-Heath High School. Rockwall High School’s Grade 9 campus will be located at FM 1141 and East Quail Run. Rockwall-Heath High School 9th Grade Campus will be located on the property behind Dr. Gene Burton College and Career Academy.
Approval of the reimbursement resolution
The Board of Directors approved a resolution authorizing the district to reimburse itself for expenses related to the bond project with the proceeds of futures
Approval of school bus purchases
The Board of Directors has approved the purchase of ten (10) school buses in accordance with the cooperative purchasing program approved by the Board.
Press release submitted, edited for publication in Blue Ribbon News. Courtesy photos.
Our print edition delivers free to approximately 15,500 homes and businesses throughout Rockwall County, Texas. Click on the picture to see.
To share your good news and events, send an email to [email protected]
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or [email protected]